Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day, Momma

Oh Momma Happy Mother's Day ...

I miss you so much ... and feel exhausted ... just worn out ... from feelings ... and crying ...

But oh my it's good to remember ...

I cancelled out of meeting Aunte Edna and Cousin Rosanna for Mother's Day Lunch ... saw a movie ... and then thought I'd take a Mother's Day tour of your ... and our ... residences ... in hte order in which you lived in them. I don't know if I've done this before: in order. But really treasured this opportunity ... and realized that you and Dad had been working your way South on either side of Yale Ave over time ...

but I went to N Urbana ... you and Dad were there, what, from about 1949 to 1953? It looked great, Momma. The neighborhood has been cleaned up of the post storm detritus. I enjoyed looking down the alley out back ... and looking at the back yard where you are sitting in those pictures

Then to S Pittsburg. 1954 - 1960 I think? This is where you and Dad were living when Iwas born, and my sister. Again, looks nice, cleaned up.

Then E 32nd Place. About 1960 - 1965 or so? Again, cleaned up. Looks great.

Finally #E38th Place. 1965-66 maybe? Just before we moved overseas. Looks great.

Momma I've thought of how much I'd like to visit where you live in Hornersville .. and think really with me having Fri-Sat-Sun all off from work now, I could feasibly to any long weekend.

Well we'll see. Oh Momma though it was fun to visit your old homes ... :-)

I love you Momma

I miss you Momma

Oh happy Momm'as Day Momma!

No comments: