Saturday, May 31, 2008

Visitation of Our Lady ... yet No Place to Go

I cleaned up the house and mowed the yard and really, Momma, I think you would say that things look nice. A little spring cleaning.

But you're not here. So what is the point.

I was listening and looking for little "peepers" in the back yard. I heard them the other night.

But you're not here to talk with about those wonderful little "peepers". So what is the point.

I looked for "those cotton-tailed bunnies" we always kept an eye out for. Didn't see them ... hey but I did see some rabbits in Hornersville last weekend ... oh but Momma you aren't here to talk about them so O God what is the point really.

All four bushes against the fences are green and lush and we would talk about that, wouldn't we Momma. They all made it after all. And I saw a place on the other side of one of those bushes that looks like there might have been that box turtle ... tortoise? but we always called them all turtles didn't we.

But you aren't here to talk about the turtles. So why ... what indeed is the point.

Yet on this Feast of the Visitation of Mary ...

I listen to Mary's Voice ... proclaiming the Lord ...

And O Momma I know that even in y0ur silence you bear witness to the Lord ...

Mary at the Foot of the Cross you wept for your dying Son

Mary at the Foot of the Cross I weep for my dead Momma

And beg You Lord Jesus

with the intercession of all the Saints and the Blessed Virgin Mary

Please please please please

Take good care of my good Momma

O Momma how I miss you. How I love you.

O God I love you but O I don't know how to make it really.

But people do.

As you said ... days before the End ... "it's the way things are." You're right Momma. You alway were so right in so many ways.

Oh God have mercy on my soul.

Love in Christ,

Charles Delacroix
Feast of the Visitation of Our Lady

No comments: