Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Oh God how I miss you

Raining this morning ... it's been raining all night ... and I can hear the "peepers" out back.

How we would have talked about that sound ... Oh Momma ...

I went back to the Arthur Cemetery this weekend, and cleaned it up some more, and transcribed as much as I could in the time. I put Memorial Day flags on your father's grave in Horner Cemetery, and I made sure the roses were still there on your mother's grave and your grandma Lizzie Rust's grave. All in Horner Cemetery.

But back about Arthur Cemetery ... or the Hutchens Cemetery as it's more commonly called. What a wonderful place. Overgrown but full of memories I thought. Your great-grandparents Samuel Arthur and Louisey Arthur ... my great-great-grandparents are there. So is Grant Arthur, Lizzie's brother, your uncle ... my great-uncle. I put flower's on Louisey's grave and flags on Samuel's and Grant's graves. And also a flag on Z.B. Burton's grave. So many Burtons there. I remember you telling me about all the Arthurs ... but don't remember the Burtons. I think they are pretty much all kin ... since Burtons intermarried with Arthurs at 3 points somewhere back there, didn't they?

1. Z.B. Burton I think is the Zechariah Burton, son of Hugh and Mary Burton ... and Mary's maiden name was Arthur, she was Samuel's sister. My calculator says that that makes Z.B. Burton your 1st cousin twice removed ... my 1st cousin thrice removed ... :-)

2. Martin Arthur, Mary's brother, and Samuel's brother, married Anna Burton. I'm guessing they must be buried back in Indiana, where the Arthurs & Burtons came from, but am not sure.

3. Celianna Arthur, old Joseph Arthur's sister ... that is, she was aunt to Samuel, Mary, and Martin ... Celanna married Hugh Livingston Burton.

I find this all deeply humbling ... and miss you so much Momma, you would have loved to talk about them. How we loved to talk about our family in the past Momma. Oh to talk with you amid the sounds of the spring frogs and peepers ... oh how I miss you so so so so so much.

And today is the 27th ... exactly 9 months since you were buried. I made sure that there are flowers on your grave Momma. Aunt Edna put flags there for Memorial Day. There were lots of folks at the cemetery for Memorial Day. How we would have talked about that, too, and how moved you would have been, as am I.

I love you so much

So much

I miss you so much

Oh Lord Jesus pelase please please please please take good care of my good Momma

I miss you Momma

I love you Momma

I love you Jesus

Charles Delacroix

No comments: