Saturday, August 30, 2008

"For a few minutes they were mine ... that is enough"

I watched the marvelous Charade with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn tonite.

Oh Momma ... oh Momma I wish you were here to watch it with me, on OETA ... we have watched this before, I think, on OETA's Movie Club on a Saturday night like tonite ...

But there's this wonderful scene at the park ... and at a "stamp market" ... when the invaluable set of 3 stamps is discovered ... by a philatelic dealer who is delighted but returns the invaluable stamps to the Audrey Hepburn character. She says to him that she's sorry. He responds, "No ... for a few minutes they were mine ... that is enough."

What a beautiful and utterly truthful expression ....

Oh Lord

Mopmma too ... and Spooky too ..." For a few minutes they were mine ... that is enough"

Oh but I miss them ..

Charles Delacroix
Eve of Sunday 22 in OT

No comments: