Saturday, August 30, 2008

I miss you Spooky

Last night, for the first time, I suddenly realized that I didn't need to leave the door open between the garage and the yard.

Momma and I have left that door open from the time we moved here ... so that Spooky could come in and out of the garage at will.

That's always had a downside of course ... we've had rats in the garage, more bugs I'm sure, leaves blow into the garage.

But we've always kept doing pest control & sweeping up as best we could and took that all in stride as one of the "things" involved in having a dog ... or a dog like Spooky who, let's be honest, pretty much went where she wants ... :-) ... although not inside the house, except on rare occasions.

Of course a major plus of the arrangement was that when Momma couldn't move around very well, the dog could come inside the garage and up to the door from the garage into the kitchen, and she could let her in and fuss over her and brush her and feed her bites of cheese and peanut butter "cookies" - Momma's term for dog biscuits paired and glued together with peanut butter, like oreo cookies.

And like a kid with an oreo cookie, Spooky would take a cookie" from Momma and walk off with it briskly and happily and peel the two halves apart and lick the peanut butter center.

Oh Momma

Oh Spooky

I miss you both so so so so so so so much.

But last night ... last night I closed the door from the garage to the yard. Oh God it hurt but I did it.

I still put out fresh water in the water pan for Spooky ... I just couldn't not put out some fresh water for her ...

Oh God ...

I miss you both so so so so so so so much

And this morning ... I woke up ... and it hit my stomach like a punch ... gone gone gone.

And I caught myself worrying about something I've never worried about before ... or not much.

Namely worrying about the house being broken into.

Spooky ... you see ... when I was away at work ... I knew that you had things in charge ... and I knew you were always a good watch dog ... a good watch dog, as Momma and I said many many many times.

Now who is there to watch over the house? When I'm away. Or for that matter when I'm here.

Only You O Lord

Only You

Oh God

Oh God

Oh God it hurts

Thy Will be done

Charles Delacroix
Eve of Sunday 22 in OT

No comments: