Friday, August 29, 2008

I just can hardly believe that Spooky is gone.

I told Aunt Edna, calling her from Woodward Park, where Spooky and I ... and before that, Spooky and Momma and I ... went so often.

And driving there it really felt so very very like the first weeks and months after you were gone last year Momma.

The whole universe feels wrong, feels unreal, feels ... feels utterly utterly wrong.

I just drove up in my driveway and looked over ... like always ... to see if Spooky were lying just inside the gate watching for me ...

And then it hit like a punch in the stomach

I just shook my head and cried and ... I know, I know she's gone but it just doesn't feel like it...

And when I think of her being gone the universe feels utterly utterly wrong ... and everything feels very, very unreal ...

A world without Spooky in it ... like a world without Momma in it ... just makes no sense at all.

It doesn't

It just doesn't

Oh Momma

Oh Lord

Oh Lord

No comments: