Monday, April 7, 2008

Back to the Desert

Well ... Monday AM and it's time for me to go visit you on my way to work. Your tea is ready, Momma. Oh God how I miss you.

I looked out the back window this morning and looked at the mown grass. I think the yard looks nice. But Momma you're not here to tell me it looks nice. So I wonder why it should look like anything. I know that all things are ... "live and move and have our being" ... in You O Lord. But oh God ... why should the yard look nice or look like anything with Momma not here.

Saturday I mowed the front yard ... and yesterday the back yard. The first mow of the season is always the hardest in a way ... things to pick up ... tough winter grass to cut through ... and you and I always talk about this Momma ... but oh ... you weren't here this time to talk about these precious, mundane things ...

I miss you so much ... the flowers are out ... Spooky and I went down to Woodward Park yesterday and they have the loveliest flowers out down on that little triangle by 21st ... you would love the flowers Momma ... I saw redbuds (your favorite) and daffodils and Easter flowers and tulips, yes tulips, and forsythia ... and green, green spring grass. Your favorite time of year Momma.

I love you Momma and I miss you so much ... it's lovely out ... but inside all I feel is arid wind blowing across a desert landscape. Desert everywhere.

Oh my.

I love you Momma in the midst of the desert

I love you Jesus in the midst of the desert

I love you so much

Thank you

Thank you so much for your time here

Oh how I miss you

But Thank you

I love you

Charles Delacroix
Feast of St John Baptist de la Salle

No comments: