Monday, December 31, 2007

Beautiful ... just beautiful ... and sad ... so sad

I am sitting here looking at our Christmas Tree. I'll probably take it down today ... Momma, you always said that Christmas decorations should be down by New Year's. But for now ... oh how very beautiful.

The Prettiest Christmas Tree We've Ever Had ...

Or at least ... it would be ... if you were here ...

Maybe by God's Grace you are here ... then lovely indeed the Tree ... lovely indeed everything ...

But Oh Momma I can't see you ... and oh oh oh oh oh how I miss you ...

So so so so much ...

On this last day of the year ...

I want to say what a horrible horrible year, since this is the year that you were taken from me ... yet how selfish I know ... when it's time to go it's time to go and for you this must be good but oh oh oh oh oh ... I just miss you Momma so much ...

Oh and what a year ... there were many, many, many good things in this year, weren't there, Momma? This is the year I was given the privilege of being for you a small, small, small fraction of what you were to me for so many many years ... caregiver, caretaker ...

You always said it best: "I will always be your mother, and you will always be my son." This year in a very special way allowed me to clothe myself in this mantle, to walk this way of love, to gain God's Gift of you in a special way ...

All this is good, so good, but oh

oh oh oh oh oh Momma ...

How I miss you ...

Oh Momma I love you

Oh Jesus I love you

Oh Lord Jesus please please please please please ... take good care of my Momma ...

I love you

Charles Delacroix
Feast of Pope St Sylvestre
Eve of Mary Mother of God

No comments: