Saturday, December 29, 2007

Thomas Becket, the Holy Family, and the Prettiest Christmas Tree

Today I see is the Commemoration of St Thomas Becket ... Mom & I both loved Becket the movie, and this saint's struggles to be as Wise as a Serpent and Innocent as a Dove I think always resonated for Momma ... as it did, and does, for me.

Tomorrow is Sunday within the Octave of Christmas ... and the Feast of the Holy Family. Oh Momma ... our own ill-starred family may have been far, far from the Holy Family in so many ways ... but oh your courage and your determination and your love and the sheer strength of your efforts to make a family are all to me the greatest of gifts and I feel such deep deep deep gratitude ... thank you Momma oh thank you Momma ... and thank you Lord Jesus for my dear Momma ... and Oh Lord Jesus .... please please please please please ... take good care of my dear Momma ... please ...

Momma, I have the Christmas Tree lit .. and think it's just beautiful, just so lovely and special ... and oh I think I will miss it in a special way ... as we both did every year when it came down ... and Momma oh Momma I do think if you were here that we'd both agree smiling at each other, perhaps with tears in our eyes, that this is the Prettiest Christmas Tree We've Ever Had ...

Oh Momma how I miss you so so so much ...

Chubby is here ...

The Little Pink Piggy is here ...

The Little Blue Monkey is here ...

The Christmas Penguin is here ...

Spooky is here ...

Those Cotton Tailed Bunnies that Aren't Hardly Worth a Nickel are here ...

Our Christmas Tree is here ...

Your beautiful things so full of memories are here ...

And Oh Momma I am here ... I am here ... oh Momma why are you not here ... oh Momma ...

Oh Momma ....

Oh Jesus please take good good care of my Momma ...

I love you Momma I love you so much ... so much ...

I love you Lord Jesus oh I love you so much ...

I love you Momma I miss you so so so so so so so so so so much ...

We all miss you so much ...

Love always,

Charles Delacroix
Feast of St Thomas Becket
Eve of the Feast of the Holy Family

No comments: