Monday, December 3, 2007

Pantophobia ... that's it!

I'm watching A Charlie Brown Christmas ... which was actually on TV just a week or so ago, apparently this popular program commands quite an audience.

And I so agree with that audience ... and so would Mom. We both loved the Charlie Brown Christmas programs.

There's one scene in which Charlie Brown confesses to depression while in session with the psychiatrist, Lucy. Lucy decides to identify what Charlie Brown is afraid of ... and after naming off a number of sophisticated sounding terms for different phobias, she asks Charlie Brown if he could have pantophobia. "Pantophobia?" says Charlie Brown, "What's that?" "Fear of everything," responds Lucy. "That's it!" cries Charlie Brown with such force that Lucy is sent spinning away.

I think I can so identify with this pantophobia in so many ways. But then again I'm willing to bet that almost everyone feels that way sometime or another. There is something of Charlie Brown in all of us ... surely that's why he's so popular.

Oh Momma I wish we could both sit here enjoying Charlie Brown this very night.

But then I freely admit that it was sheer grace that God allowed us to enjoy Charlie Brown together so many Christmases past.

Thank you, O Lord.

Thank you, Momma

And O Lord ... please please please please ... take good care of my beloved Momma ...

I miss you so much Momma ...

I love you Momma so much ...

I love you Jesus so much ...

Charles Delacroix
Feast of St Francis Xavier

No comments: