Sunday, June 29, 2008

Denouement yet again

Spooky *really* had a hard time getting into the car ... she made it, but it was hard. She was walking so stiffly. It must be the arthritis.

We walked around the flood basin over by Memorial Drive UMC. Momma's Church.

We took it slow ...slow ... and even so, she was exhausted by the time we got back to the car. I had to help pick her up so that she could get into the Passenger Side seat. The seat that was Momma's seat.

She lay down and just lay there in the back seat all the way home.

I kept crying and crying .. trying not to let her see me ... oh Momma I have tried to take good care of your dog but oh ... oh she too is getting old.

It's Denouement all over again.

I fixed her dinner and put some aspirin in with her dog food. Fresh water. I gave her boiled eggs, Momma, just like you made them, earlier on. And I gave her some "bitesies" of cheese. Or as we laughingly called it, "cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez". Yes she liked that.

Oh God I just don't see how the hell people make it through these things.

I've got to get some brown eggs at the store tonite. That's what you boiled for her Momma ... brown eggs. Or as we laughingly called those ... "brOWWWWnnnnn EGGGzzzz ..."

Oh God I miss you so much Momma

So much

And now Spooky ... oh God.

I promised her we wouldn't attempt the basin circuit by Memorial Drive UMC again. She just lay there and panted and rested.

Momma in that last denouement ... I remember thinking again and again and again ... so many times ... that this would be the last thing like this we do together, or that would be the last of that thing we do together, and so on. And now with Spooky the same. Tonite is the last ... in all probability the last ... time that we walk together around the circuit of the basin by the church.

Oh God. We'll go for walks over at the school ... shorter, easier ... or maybe in the neighborhood ... if she can make it ... as long as she can make it ...

But that's Denouement ... tonite is a Last Time. There will be other Last Times. Until the final Last Time.

Oh God.

Like grass indeed here today gone tomorrow.

Help me God help me Lord Jesus I pray I beg thee.

Momma you walked the Way of the Cross till the very end

Spooky walks her Way of the Cross till the very end

May I walk my Way of the Cross till the very end

Love and Tears,

Charles Delacroix
Solemnity of the Apostles Peter & Paul

No comments: