Saturday, June 21, 2008

Stories and Connection and Relief

I saw 2 movies back-to-back today ... Get Smart (2008) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425061/ and Then She Found Me (2007) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0455805/

The first is of course a comedy ... a funny take-off on the 1960s eponymous TV series. The second was a comedy/drama and (honestly) what most would consider a "chick flick". But both movies really granted me some much-needed relief; especially the 2nd movie, which was engaging and fascinating and involved and challenging ... with a mixed but on the whole solid spiritual side ... and reminded me once again why I love stories so, so much. Because honestly my own story hasn't been all that enjoyable to say the very least. And watching others helps get me out of myself and my own griefs and my own sorrows and reminds me just how big is this world that God has give us.

O Lord help me to remember this ... I felt so horrible earlier today ... and then reading in OOR the story of Samson in the book of Judges ... and reading this at Momma's gravesite ... that really helped me open my eyes by your grace I think to the wider History of Salvation that is the bigger Story unfolding all around me, all around everyone, every day, every hour, every minute.

O thank you Momma for your story, yours and Dad's ...

O Lord help me to remember that this is an enormous story but only one enormous story among the many, many enormous stories of life that you unfold around us.

I love you Momma

I love you Jesus

Charles Delacroix
Eve of Sunday 12 in OT

No comments: