Sunday, June 29, 2008

Spooky

Spooky ... Momma, your Spooky ... she's getting older.

I took her to the vet, who ran tests and said she's really in good health for a 14 y.o. dog. But for the past several weeks or month she just hasn't been running around as much as at one time.

I gave her all the antibiotic (for UTI) and other med (for gastritis) that Doc Rx'd. But she's still moving with such difficulty. She had a hard time just getting into the car yesterday. Then, when we got to Woodward Park, she didn't try to lunge or run at any of the squirrels like usual. Doc says she has arthritis. Makes sense. But oh God ... to see this dog *not* charge after a squirrel ... tore into my heart.

Well I'm making her some boiled eggs. That's what you used to give her Momma. And I'll give her an aspirin. I looked this up on the Internet and I guess this might help with the arthritis pain & inflammation from what they say.

What I read said I need to be careful not to overdo exercise on weekends with not much exercise during the week. Gosh I guess that's exactly what I've been doing. Sorry Spooky. And sorry Momma. I promised you at the end that I would take good care of her. I'm trying. I am.

OK ... so eggs and aspirin and mild exercise it is ...

Oh Momma though to think of Spooky getting older too ... I remember when you got her and she was just a little puppy ... and you always loved her so ... and she always took good care of you. She was companion of companions, and watchdog, and amusement, all rolled into one big ball of fur for you Momma.

I will take good care of her as best I can Momma. We both miss you so. Maybe God willing we'll visit you tonite at Evening Prayer. She is such a good dog.

I love you and miss you so much Momma

Oh God Oh Jesus please please please please please take good care of my good Momma

Charles Delacroix
Sunday 13 in OT
Solemnity of Ss Peter & Paul Apostles

No comments: