Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mental Health Day ... and Casablanca

I took a day off from work ... felt so low ... horrible ... but oh what a good day. Good in the sense that despite myself O Lord you brought me so many, many good things.

Momma ... Spooky and I went to Woodward Park ... and the late roses smelled oh so lovely, just intoxicating ... the longing they evoked was so strong ... oh God oh Momma ...

But I saw this same little bunny at the Rose Garden as last week ... oh Momma you would have loved it ...

And now ... I have Casablanca on ... and it's perfect, always perfect ... it's you Momma, your world ... the Greatest Generation ... oh God how I miss Momma ... how I miss you all ...

And yet thank you thank you thank you Lord for giving me this day ... this Momma ... this everything.

Everything ...

And if I just remember my goal today ...

To respond to Momma's passing with as much authenticity & integrity as I can muster ...

That's it, that's it ... nothing more ... just for today, O Lord, this is I think Your Call ...

I love you Momma

I love you O Lord

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Charles Delacroix
Eve of the Feast of St Romuald

No comments: