Sunday, June 29, 2008

Do the Next Right Thing

That's an old NA saying.

The trouble for me is that Doing ... Doing anything ... is such a challenge when I'm depressed, whether by grief or anything else.

Well I finally decided to go see a movie ... and visited Momma on the way. And cried and cried and told her again and again how much I miss her and ... oh God how painful and yet so right.

This was Doing the Next Right Thing. According to my Call by Our Lord to respond to the catastophe of Momma's passing with as much honor and integrity and authenticity and honesty as I can muster.

It was so nice there Momma ... with you ... oh God how painful ... and yet I felt so much gratitude that you had even passed your time here and had nurtured me and raised me ... and I felt such connection with others there ... and more gratitude when seeing the graves of those much younger than me ... yet most were from your generation Momma ... oh God how sad and yet as Momma said, "It's the way things are."

The way things are. Yes. But part of responding with authenticiy and honesty to your passing Momma is to declare with anger and sorrow and rage that this is not right, this is utterly wrong ... and in so doing I'm of course just a little reflection of Job ... who is a much greater reflection of You, Lord Jesus, on the Cross ... lama lama sabacthani ...

Then I went to see my movie ... WALL-E (2008) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0910970/ ... just a delightful movie and I took away from it once again the affirmation that I am to Do the Next Right Thing ... that's all, no more, no less, no other.

Oh God oh Momma ... I miss you so so so so so much

Lord Jesus please please please ... take good care of my good Momma

I love you Momma

I love you Jesus

Charles Delacroix
Solemnity of Ss Peter & Paul Apostles

No comments: