Sunday, June 29, 2008

Miz Effie

I visited Aunt Edna ... and she told again, as she has before, of her wonderful friendship with Miz Effie. Miz Effie was a kind, good, elderly woman who had a swing in her yard that my Aunt Edna delighted to swing on. Miz Effie was neat and clean and married, but never had any children. Her health was always poor, and she died of a heart attack when Aunt Edna was about 10 years old. That would be in about 1937 or 1938. Aunt Edna sat with her Momma at the funeral and she cried and cried and cried ...

Rosanna showed me a couple of heirlooms, gifts from Miz Effie to Aunt Edna. A little ceramic bowl, and a little ceramic figurine of a church. You could tell these were very precious to Aunt Edna.

How beautiful the story ... but also, O Lord, how very, very, very sad the ending ...

Well ... the ending in this world ... O Lord I do hope by Your Grace if You permit perhaps to meet this wonderful Miz Effie some day if it should be your gracious Will.

Yet in the meantime ... in the meantime ...

Oh Lord I feel suddenly exhausted ...

Momma it was good to pray Office at your grave ... but oh I'm exhausted ...

So tired.

So tired.

Keep thinking ... WTF ...

De futilitates ...

O God have mercy on me a sinner.

I love you and I thank you.

But with Father Job I ask ... WTF ...

Love in the Ashes,

Charles Delacroix
Solemnity of the Apostles Peter & Paul

No comments: