Monday, February 11, 2008

Antiques Roadshow ... and Memory

I was watching Antiques Roadshow tonite ... Momma you and I loved to watch this show ... there are always wonderful treasures from the past, and, almost as important, I think, to Momma, as to me, these treasures had Stories with them ... they are almost iconic bearers of Memory. Sometimes the expert could provide Story; sometimes the owner could provide Story; but always, always, there was this sense of deep honor and respect for the Memories borne to us by these wonderful, wonderful antiques ...

Oh Momma how I miss you ... and oh everything you left here bears Memory ... Story is everywhere here ...

It's so wonderful simply hearing and honoring Stories ...

Oh Momma how I miss you ... how I miss you ... and your Stories ... and Memories ...

Oh Jesus please please please please please ... take good care of my good Momma ...

I love you Momma ...

I love you Jesus ...

Charles Delacroix
Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes

No comments: