Sunday, February 3, 2008

As Time Goes By

This is just plain one of my all time favorite TV shows ... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105943/ ... and Momma's too ...

I've been watching this ... off and on ... tonite ... and on the one hand really enjoying this ... but also missing Momma so so so much ...

Every time Lionel squirms and tries to evade getting caught in the middle with his dry, dry humor ... O I can hear your laugh, Momma ... and I laugh too ... and then I cry ...

Every time I hear Alistair ostentatiously flirting with his disarming but overwhelming self-confidence ... I laugh ... and I can just hear you laughing too Momma ...

Every time I watch Judi Dench's Jean carrying on about something, anything, I just want to laugh and cry and want to look at Momma smiling and nodding ... but you aren't there ...

Sandy is just lovely ... cute and smart and genuine ... and I smile and would so like to look at you Momma smiling at her as well ...

Judith is so charming and genuine and almost matches Lionel in her own dry, but far lighter, humor ... and now Alistair in this episode has just asked Judith to marry him ... and she's thrown herself into his arms ... and O Momma you and I would love this scene so much ...

Oh Momma I just love this show ... and if you were here ... if you were here Momma ... I'd be saying, "Oh these are such nice people ... all of them ..." and you'd be saying "Yes ... yes they are" and I'd be saying "These are the kind of people I'd just love to know next door" and you'd be saying "Yes yes ..." and you'd be laughing and smiling and I would too ...

It's just not the same Momma .. not the same ... watching this wonderful show without you here ...

Oh Momma ... oh Momma ...

As Time Goes By ...

I love you and I miss you ...

Oh Lord Jesus ...

Oh Mary Mother of God ...

I love you and I miss you so ....

Oh

Charles Delacroix
Sunday 4 in OT

No comments: