Saturday, February 23, 2008

Home

I've been working tonite, Momma, on trying to find out more about buying my sister's interest in our Home ... oh Momma I do hope things work out ... I want to stay here in your Home, our Home, my Home ... still Spooky's Home ... the Home of "those cotton-tailed bunnies that aren't hardly worth a nickel" ... the Home of our birdies and our bushes and our "yittle twee" in the back yard ...

Momma, I saw two blue jays this morning in the back yard ... oh if you were here how we would have talked about them ...

I keep thinking about that wonderful, wonderful movie Atonement http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783233/ ... really all about you and your generation, Momma, in so many ways, at so many levels ...

I saw a large funeral party at the cemetery tonite Momma ... a Saturday evening funeral ... and I thought of how small yours was in comparison ... oh how painful at one level ... to think that you, who had such a life, a life that mattered so much ... ended so ill recognized ... but ... but ... but all things pass and I know O Lord that this is our end all alike in so many ways, in all ways ... in 100 years all of our graves of those now here, including mine of course, will be forgotten ...

Oh my ... like grass we are here today and gone tomorrow ... the Office for the Dead is so right ...

And now ... now what have I to live for ... except to take things one day at a time one hour at a time one minute at a time ... till the day that if God allows me I might be allowed to see you again ... oh how I miss you ...

Momma now I'm sitting here watching the OETA Movie Club ... they're showing The Ghost and Mrs Muir (1947) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0039420/ ... I've never seen it, Momma, though I've heard of it again and again ... I'll bet you've seen it Momma ... oh if you were here we would watch this together and you would sip your hot tea and we would talk about this ... and about Rex Harrison and Gene Tierney ... oh Momma how I miss you ...

Oh Momma I do miss you so ...

Oh Lord Jesus I miss her so ...

Oh please please please lord Jesus ... please take good care of my good Momma ...

I love you Momma

I love you Jesus

I love you

Charles Delacroix
Feast of St Polycarp

No comments: