Saturday, February 9, 2008

Natalie Wood, James Dean, & Rebel Without a Cause

OETA showed first a wonderful bio of Natalie Wood, followed by The Movie Club, and an intro by BJ Wexler into Rebel Without a Cause http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048545/ ... came out in 1955, just a year aftr my birth ... and yet another tribute to the dark, dark cultural vision of the post-war era.

Momma you would have loved that bio of Natalie Wood ... less (I think) would you have liked Rebel without a Cause ... in a way, that is. Like me, you didn't like what we would both have considered "depressing movies."

But oh how I would have loved to get to talk over Natalie Wood and James Dean and the times that gave birth to both ... with you Momma ... oh how nothing but nohting feels right... I love you so much and miss you so so so so so so so muvch ....

No comments: