Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lent, Egypt, and Grief

I forgot to mention Momma ... one thing I've always really loved about Lent ... at least those times that I've been practicing wiht the DO ... is the OOR for Lent that always grounds our Lenten journey in the events leading up to the Exodus from Egypt.

The 1st Reading has been daily a wonderful reminder of how really little I have to complain about ... hey, I'm not a slave in Egypt being lashed to meet impossible expectations and being whipped each time I acted in simple Obedience to God. Of course the Church is Teaching through OOR that life is Egypt ... that our hard labor in this world is hardly anything new ... and our One Hope for Exodus and Freedom is Christ.

O Lord help me to remember that the Grieving that is Life is also the Grieving that is proper to an Exodus from an Egypt filled with the groans of the suffering Sons and Daughters of Adam and Eve. An Exodus that will free us by the Grace of the Second Adam through the Second Eve, and lead us to a Promised Land.

O Lord may I by Your Grace be allowed to see my Momma again some day in Your Promised Land ... a New Heaven and a New Earth ...

By YOur Grace Alone O Lord

I love you

I lovfe you

I love you

I miss you Momma

I love you

Charles Delacroix
Tuesday of the 1st Week of Lent

No comments: