Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Ghost and Mrs Muir (1947)

The Ghost and Mrs Muir (1947) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0039420/ ... what a wonderful, wonderful, moving movie ... I've been sitting here watching it on the OETA Movie Club ... and oh Momma it's just a lovely, beautiful story ... and so very, very, well, "period" ... it's so the kind of thing that your generation wrote and watched and enjoyed just after World War II ... oh Momma ...

And now at the end of the movie, BJ Wexler is lauding the movie and recommending that if we would like to know more about Rex Harrison, he recommends Alexander Walker's The Life of Rex Harrison ... and hey, I just may try to get it. We'd talk about BJ Wexler, he's not wearing a very loud shirt tonite, is he, Momma? But we'd agree that that book about Rex Harrison would probably be a fun book to look at ...

And now the 2nd movie of the night ... T-Men (1947) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0039881/ ... looks good, Momma, but if you were here, sitting in your chair, I'd be saying that this looks good but that I doubt if I can stay awake to watch it. And you'd agree and say, let's turn it off and turn in.

And we would ... and I'd say, "Night night Momma!" And you'd say, "Good night, my son." And I'd give you a Coo. And we'd go to sleep.

And oh oh oh oh oh ... Momma ... Momma I miss you so much ...

No comments: