Friday, September 28, 2007

Alone in Gethsemani

I'm feeling horribly alone ... lonely ... this morning. Everything seems so bleak. So forlorn.

Seems of course is the key word.

Oh well.

Sr Rupp recommends that when feeling lonely and alone, to unite oneself with Christ in the Garden of Gethsemani.

Bleak & forlorn would seem to go along with that too. That and the Crucifixion itself - especially "My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?"

Lord Jesus Christ may I by Your Grace join myself with Your Sacred Presence in the Garden of Gethsemani on that horrible, lonely Holy Thursday night. And may I by Your Grace join myself to Your Sacred Presence on Calvary on that horrible, lonely, bleak, forlorn Good Friday afternoon.

And let me breath in the Pain. Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out. It's just Pain. No more, no less, no other. Oh how I miss you Momma. Oh how I miss you. Lord Jesus, help me. Pain in, pain out, pain in, pain out; in Gethsemani; on Calvary.

No comments: