Monday, September 17, 2007

Children

Just a note ... seeing and hearing children these days is so very, very painful.

There are kids next door ... I heard them laughing and playing yesterday and had to leave. I saw some kids on their way to school today ... and my heart sank.

Mom loved children. I'm usually glad to see and hear kids myself. But these days ... seeing them reminds me that Mom was a child once. So was I. So were we all. And the end for all of us is always the same: the Grave. I know this is part of the Life of Holy Saturday and the Tomb that is Life. I know that this is History. And pray indeed "Admit me to this History."

But Oh it's so painful to think of laughing children on the one hand, and the inevitable Grave for those children on the other.

May God have mercy on all of us. And may God bless all children everywhere.

No comments: