Monday, September 17, 2007

Mother's Love

Mom's Love ... for me, personally ... that's what I sometimes ... maybe always ... miss the most. Maybe that's selfish. But it's true. I loved her; I love her; she loved me. And I always ... ALWAYS ... could count on her love.

Especially in the past say 6 months ... even when she was physically very weak, very tired ... she could lift her arm ... swiveling it upwards on her arthritis-ridden elbow, fingers old, bent, stretching out ... this meant she wanted to hold my hand. I would rush to her and hold her hand and she would hold mine. Her hold would be very weak. But she would say things that bring so many tears to my eyes then and now. "I love you. I am so grateful for you. You have in many ways made this life of mine worth living. No matter what, you will always be my son. I love you so much." I would tell her how much I love her, or that I could never tell her how much I love her. How deeply, deeply grateful I have been for her. How deeply, deeply grateful I am for her now.

And now she's gone. Gone. Oh God. She's gone. I know, I know she's got to be in a better place. But she's gone. And God I miss her so much. Oh please God. Help.

No comments: