Saturday, September 29, 2007

Cardinal BARRAGÁN on Pain and Suffering

I ran across EXCERPTS OF THE LECTUREGIVEN BY CARD. JAVIER LOZANO BARRAGÁN's Pain, an enigma or a mystery? THE THINKING AND THEOLOGY OF JOHN PAUL IIA Christian understanding of pain and suffering http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/pontifical_councils/hlthwork/documents/rc_pc_hlthwork_doc_20050629_barragan-aachen_en.html

I just started reading it. It is in part a commentary on John Paull II's Salvifici doloris. I had plain forgotten about this latter. I really need to go over it. I'll bet there will be much there that by God's Grace I can use. Salvifici doloris is at http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/apost_letters/documents/hf_jp-ii_apl_11021984_salvifici-doloris_en.html

Both of these look really good ... I will try to get into them a bit later today ...

Thank you Lord for our Holy Catholic Church in which the Suffering of the Cross is loved and embraced along with the loving and suffering Christ Who Is Our Lord.

Charles Delacroix
Feast of the Archangels Michael, Gabriel & Rafael

No comments: