Tuesday, November 27, 2007

3 Month Anniversay of the Funeral ... and Job Hunting

Today is exactly 3 months since Mom was buried on August 27 ... the Feast of St Monica.

And yesterday was the first day I actually was able to get myself to submit a job application ... back at my old employer, the one from whom I resigned about 9 months ago to take care of Mom full time.

I found myself worrying and worrying and worrying about work ... and then thought of that wonderful OOR for the Feast of St Monica ... St Augustine's account of the last days of St Monica. And what a wonderful reminder ... that here I have no lasting place.

I'm looking not just for any job but for the right "match" ... that fits my status as a stranger in a strange land, an alien and exile laboring until I am recalled by Our Lord from this, my place of temporary sojourn i this world ...

I love you Lord

I love you Momma

I love you St Monica

I love you St Augustine

O Lord please please please take good care of my Momma.

I love you.

In Jesus Name,

Charles Delacroix
Tuesday of the 34th Week in Ordinary Time

No comments: