Saturday, November 3, 2007

Treasure

I was putting my bedding up in a closet, and just happened to glance down and see a box.

A box that I must have seen a thousand times but this time I noticed it.

Well, I opened it ... and found Treasure.

No, not the kind that involves dollar signs. The kind that is real Treasure. The kind that has meaning. That means something to me; to my Mother; to my grandfather. Therefore to God.

A shoebox containing things that belonged to my maternal grandfather: a duck call made by him. A turkey call made by him. One of his old small-game traps. His old pocket knife. His old stop watch.

I was ... and am ... simply tickled. Wholly delighted.

There was an old felt hat that Mom had bought for me.

Pictures from our travels in Europe.

Memorabilia - odds and ends - from our time in Tripoli, from my Scouting days.

Including a Cub Scout memorabilia banner put together by my dear mother.

Oh Momma ... how I miss you ... how I miss you ... but what wonders you ... and your father ... gave to me ... what treasures you gave me.

I love you Momma.

I love you Lord Jesus.

And Lord Jesus ... please please please take good care of my Momma.

Charles Delacroix
Feast of St Martin de Porres

No comments: