Monday, November 12, 2007

A Walk Down E. 32nd Place

I got a call from the dentist's office reminding me that Mom had a dental appointment tomorrow. I felt this enormous feeling of hopelessness as I told the person calling that Mom has died. The caller was very kind but oh ... oh ... oh ... what difference does anything make ...

I took photos of Grampa's old duck call and his old turkey call, and the dog and I went for another walk in Woodward Park ... and then I had the notion of going for a walk on E 32nd Place. We parked and walked down this wonderful old street full of feeling memories ... past hte house we lived in back in the early 1960s ... then past a telephone pole at the end of the street that looked like it could have been, back in about 1964 or so, the device in which I managed to shock myself so badly my thumb was split open. I ran home crying to Momma then ... and she made it all better of course ...

Gone ... gone ... gone ... yes gone ....

Oh Lord Oh Lord Oh Lord ... please take good care of my Momma ... please please please ...

I love you Momma

I love you Lord.

Thank you Lord for my Momma.

Love in Christ,

Charles Delacroix
Feast of St Josaphat

No comments: