Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Probated Will - "she departed this life"

Rough day ... I went to the hearing at which Mom's will was probated.

I thought at first I'd get through it OK, but then I heard a few cases before mine, and heard the judge drily stating in each case, "X departed this life on ..." giving a date.

It sounds somehow so final beyond final when a judge says "she departed this life."

Yet in 2 days it will have been exactly 3 months since she died ...

Oh Momma ... why oh why oh why did you depart this life ...

Yet I know you have departed this vale of tears for a better place ...

Fortunately, afterward, with establishment of access to Mom's estate account, I arranged to meet with a cemetery "counselor" to (hopefully) arrange a permanent marker ... permanent as things are reckoned in this life anyway.

Oh Mom I said this would be the first thing I would do when access to funding made this possible ...

And it feels so strange ... good in a way ... horrible in a way ...

Oh Momma ...

I love you Momma ...

I love you Jesus ...

Please please please O Lord ... take good care of my Momma ...

In Christ through Mary,

Charles Delacroix
Eve of the Feast of the Presentation of Our Lady

No comments: