Monday, November 19, 2007

And now ... the leaves are gone ...

It was a cold, wet morning at the cemetery this morning. The clouds were heavy and grey and there was a cold sprinkle falling intermittenly through the light fog. The sun shone in the East through the clouds, though. It gave a very cold, white light.

And the trees west of Mom's grave are mostly bare now, their leaves have fallen, and they stand cold and barren.

I felt a real lightness of heart, though. As I put my coo on her marker, and drank from her tea, and drizzled three drinks of tea onto her grave, I felt both enormous sadness ... oh how I miss you Momma ... but also a strong sense of comfort from God and God's universe. I am alone, but I am not alone. The wet, damp cold to me says that all things are weeping for her loss.

There are leaves at home on the ground. I couldn't find the old plastic rake that we used at one time for raking leaves. I remember that it broke awhile back, and I've been using the garden rake instead. But now I feel a strong desire to buy a new leaf rake. Momma ... oh how I wish ou were here. Yet I know you would want the leaves raked. I'll rake them up, Momma. I promise.

I love you Momma.

I love you Jesus.

Please Lord Jesus ... take good care of my Momma.

Love,

Charles Delacroix
Monday of Week 33 in Ordinary Time

No comments: