Monday, November 12, 2007

The End of Unconditional Love

I had a rough morning ... driving to Woodward Park, I passed a building that has Christmas lights out on display. Ouch ... then the dog and I went for a walk, and returned home, and I visited Mom's grave ... and at home took a call from a cousin who asked, not unkindly but sincerely, "you're not doing nothing, are you? I mean you have to be doing something ...?" I replied ... and then felt enormous emptiness and guilt and shame ... and realized that one of the things I miss most with the loss of Mom is that she was always there to console and reassure and tell me she loved me no matter what ... the closest thing to unconditional love I have ever been graced to meet in this world ... and now ... and now she's gone ...

Yes Jesus is hte Only True Unconditional Love

But Oh how I miss Mom telling me how much she loved me ... and that "whatever happens, I will always be your mother, and you will always be my son." The words seemed to say that anyone can say anything they like but this love and this relationship are forever and untouchable by any of the horrible challenges of this world.

Oh Lord ... please take good care of my Momma ... please please please ...

I love you Momma

I love you Lord.

Thank you Lord for my Momma.

Love in Christ,

Charles Delacroix
Feast of St Josaphat

No comments: