Friday, November 2, 2007

Feast of All Souls

What a day ... first here's a link someone else posted to the Mass announcement for today at Westminster Cathedral. What a moving, lovely views of the interior of the Cathedral and the Holy Souls Chapel. See http://westminstercathedral.blogspot.com/2007/11/mass-for-holy-souls.html

I prayed the All Souls offices, mostly taken from the Office for the Dead, starting with MP this morning, and later OOR and EP in the evening. I thought the 2nd Reading, from St Ambrose, speaking on the occasion of the death of his brother, was so very moving. http://www.universalis.com/20071102/readings.htm.

After MP, I drove to the attorney's office to sign the Petition for entering Mom's will into probate. I cried and cried all the way there, and cried and cried after I left. Oh Momma ... after I left the attorney's office, I went to Philbrook Art Museum to spend some time with some of the beautiful and moving works of sacred art in their Italian gallery. Then I went to see a movie, then went to do clinical supervision of a supervisee, and then to the Cathedral. There I was able by God's Grace to say the Way of the Cross for the Bereaved in the chapel. On this day I prayed especially for blessings for my dear mother ... and, if she is able to do so, I asked for her prayers as well.

At home tonite I finished cutting the pumpkin meat out of the jack o'lantern from Halloween. Wow, I had no idea how much would come out of one pumpkin. I took some pieces and cooked them in the microwave with some pumkin spice, cinnamon, and brown sugar, and really enjoyed just eating the cooked pumpkin pieces. Whether this was OK or not I guess I'll find out. If I die tonite of food poisoning I beg God to take me at once to the company of my Momma.

Oh Lord. Oh Lord. Oh Lord. Please ... whatever happens, whatever happens to me, whatever else may take place, please please please take good care of my Momma ...

Love,

Charles Delacroix
Feast of All Souls

No comments: