Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving: 3 months since Mom's departure from this life

Thanksgiving Day ... exactly 3 months since Mom's death on August 22 ... and the Feast of St Cecilia, Patron Saint of Music. To me this is a confluence of 3 very special days in remembrance of my dear Momma.

Right now I'm listening to a Thanksgiving choral music special on PBS. Oh how Momma would have loved to sit here and listen to this program. She loved choir music; loved being in choirs; loved the human voice.

This morning, I made a special arrangement in the floral vase at Mom's grave. I placed some branches with dead leaves in the vase along with the rose arrangement already there. And I placed a little turkey, made of plaster, chipped but always a part of our Thanksgiving, on her temporary marker. I took photos of her grave with the turkey and the arrangement. I also took Spooky down to visit Mom and took pictures of Mom's grave with the dog at the grave.

I also took some of Grandpa's old things over to Aunt Edna's. She looked at them and so did Cousins Arthur Lee and Rosanna and Annette. I think we all enjoyed looking at these precious old things: a duck call and a turkey call, both made by Grampa. Arthur Lee knew how to use both, and showed us where Grampa kept resin in the turkey call and how he would have used it to enhance the sound of the turkey call. There was a small animal trap and an old watch and a pocket knife and a wooden-handled screwdriver. All had belonged to Grampa - Mom's Father.

Then we all went to a bed & breakfast between Tulsa & Bartlesville for Thanksgiving Dinner with Cousin Charlotte and her husband Jeff and their children Andrew and Ethan. The latter are aged about 8 and 7 ... my 2nd cousins. It really felt good to see them. Aunt Edna didn't feel up to going, but the rest of my cousins were there.

It was so very painful, Momma, that you weren't there. Oh how I miss you so very very much. Yet it was so good to be there with my cousins.

I have so much to be grateful for.

But Oh how I miss you Momma.

I stood and looked out from the bed & breakfast place ... looked out across a lovely view of Washington County ...

And couldn't help thinking ...

That nothing but nothing but nothing is right without you here Momma.

The universe is wrong.

Utterly wrong.

Without you here.

Lord Jesus Christ please please please take good care of my Momma.

I love you Lord Jesus

Holy Mary Mother of God Pray for Me and My Momma
St Cecilia of your courtesy please pray for me and my Momma
All Angels and Saints please pray for me and my Momma

Love in Christ always

Charles Delacroix
Feast of St Cecilia

No comments: