Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Alone, Lonely … and Selfish

[I wrote this last night when I was out of town at a professional conference]

Oh Momma … I just realized … one reason I miss you so so much … is so so selfish. You were the only person who actually wanted to see me at the end of the day. Or on any day at any time really. That’s just plain reality.

Oh how painful it was this afternoon … at the end of the Conference for today. I introduced myself to a colleague I’ve spoken too on the phone. She was with two other female counselors … and, honestly, they’re all young and attractive. I was so silly and my social skills, my professional social skills, were horrible at best.

I made it to my motel for the night and felt so so agitated. I thought about going out to see a movie.

Oh God Oh God … I had my cell vol turned down & thought I heard it … and collected a call from Charlotte … Aunt Edna is in the hospital for observation … bad cough & dehydrated, still not eating enough, evidently. I spoke with her and her voice sounded weak and she was coughing. They have her on Zithromax … antibiotic … and an IV drip … all to the good it sounds but Oh God … Oh God … Oh God … please please please … I who deserve nothing, I who have nothing but my Momma’s sister … oh God please please please take good care of my Momma’s sister …

Well I’m staying in … got to watch my bucks really and don’t need to be spending on a movie theater … I can watch cable TV in the motel room … and pray … and say my Office by God’s grace … I need to run out and find a store and buy some cheap food (crackers, PB, probably some pop) enuf to last me the next few days … till Wednesday afternoon when I return to Tulsa …

Oh God Momma .. how I miss you … and how your sister is in my prayers and hopes … and how horribly selfish I know I am but even so dear Lord please please please please please take good care of my Aunt Edna and my Cousin Charlotte and my Cousin Annette and my Cousin Rosanna and my Cousin Arthur Lee and oh …

I love you Lord Jesus

I love you Lord Jesus

I love you Lord Jesus

No comments: