Saturday, March 15, 2008

Easter Flowers and Oatmeal

Oh Momma ... today is Saturday ... tomorrow is Palm Sunday ...

And I made myself some oatmeal ...

It tasted so good because most of all it reminded me ... a little ... of the wonderful oatmeal you made for me and my sister so many mornings ...

You always said "This will stick to your ribs" ... :) ... I think you said you got this from your Momma ... we always laughed ... one of us would say "Ewwww" and laugh ... and you would always laugh too and smilingly explain that your Momma meant that it was a good meal that would give us energy and sustenance to last us through till lunchtime.

And it did ... your oatmeal always "stuck to my ribs" ...

I made instant oats this morning ... you always used the "original" Quaker Oats ... I used a diabetic synthetic butter ... you always used big slices of real butter ... I used no bacon ... you broke up bits of real bacon you had just fried in the skillet ... I used no milk ... you always used several generous helpings of milk and filled our glasses full to the top with milk ...

Oh Momma how I miss you and your oatmeal. You took such good care of us.

Oh how I miss you.

I miss you so much.

The cemetery regs don't allow placement of fresh flowers till the end of the month ... but Momma, there's one of your neighbor graves that has some Easter flowers coming up just above the top edge of the grave marker ... I'm guessing these were clandestinely planted but they do look lovely ... and I'm wondering if I could next year plant a few bulbs around your marker ...

I miss you Momma

O I miss you

Please please ploease please please my good Jesus please take good care of my good Momma

I love you Momma

Thank you Momma

I love you Jesus

Thank you Jesus for everything ... especially for my Momma

I love you both

I love you all

I love you and thank you

Charles Delacroix
Saturday of 5th Week in Easter
Eve of Passion Sunday

No comments: