Sunday, March 16, 2008

Palm Sunday

Or Passion Sunday as we say in the Catholic Church.

It's overcast here ... but I can hear a bird chirping outside the front door. And oh God. One year ago ... one short year ago ... I remember Momma and I going to Memorial Drive Methodist Church for the Palm Sunday service there. She sat in her wheelchair and held her palm branch; and I sat beside her and held mine. It was a beautiful worship service but bittersweet even then. And now ... oh God oh God oh God ... how I miss her ... how I miss her ...

Momma I loved getting to go with you to Church that morning though. What a beautiful thing that was. And now you're gone. And I don't know hos to make sense of things. What sense does a Palm Sunday make without you here.

Of course O Lord hte answer the only possible answer is You and You Alone.

You on this day beginning Your Solitary Journey through Holy Week to the Crucifixion.

And beyond to the Resurrection.

Solirary ... Alone into the Alone ...

Yet not Alone ... in You we too Journey to our own crucifixion ...

My Momma was journeying even then to her crucifixion ...

And I can hope to her Resurrection ...

In You O Lord all in You

Nothing else matters

Nothing else matters at all

Except it be in You

Oh Lord how it hurts

O Lord God ...

I love you Momma ...

I miss you so so so so so so so much ...

I love you Jesus ...

O Lord Jesus please please please please please take good care of my good Momma

I love you Jesus

I love you Momma

I love you all

Charles Delacroix
Passion Sunday

No comments: