Sunday, March 16, 2008

Vantage Point ... and Memories of Spain

I saw Vantage Point (2008) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443274/ tonite ... for a second time ... really I saw it this time mostly because it was at a convenient time and I needed the stress mgmt ...

Well I liked the movie now as before; and now as before the movie was especially poignant because of its strong flavor of Europe ... set in Salamanca, Spain, and filmed there and in Mexico ... and the "touristy" features brought back memories as well.

Oh Momma always Europe was something I experienced with you ... the only exceptions were when in school in Switzerland, and during my honeymoon in Roma back in ... when? 1995 I think? Anyway mostly I thought of those times we were there. Even the demonstration reminded me of that time we were in ... where? Basle? Zurich? And there was a large demonstration against the Soviet re-occupation of Czechoslovakia ... I guess that must have been in 1968 or so ...

Oh Momma ... I wonder if I will ever be able to visit Europe again? What would it be like without you?

I remember that not long after you died, Momma, I arranged for my Passport ... I have it here ... haven't thought about it in awhile ... but after you died Momma I didn't know what would happen ... and frankly escaping into travels and spending what money was left on that definitely did cross my fevered weeping mind more than once.

I'm so glad I didn't of course ... and yet ... and yet I can't help but remember ... and miss our time in Europe together ...

Oh Momma how I miss you I miss you I miss you ...

Oh Momma

Oh Jesus

Oh Joseph

Oh Holy Mary Mother of God have mercy

I love you

I love you all

I miss you Momma

I love you Momma

Now and evermore

Oh Momma

No comments: