Saturday, March 29, 2008

Rejoice in so far as you share in Christ's Sufferings

That's what You had me read at Momma's Grave this morning, O Lord, in OOR.

Universalis uses a slightly different translation: If you can have some share in the sufferings of Christ, be glad... http://www.universalis.com/20080329/readings.htm

Yes ... yes indeed ...

And why not ...

Sometimes I forget how very very meaningful things like this were to me, O Lord, before ... even long before ... Momma passed away.

Pain and suffering even for Charles in my Here-and-Now didn't start with Momma's death or with Momma's sufferings.

But now ... now it is true ... it is all focused and drawn to a point in Momma's sufferings ...

And again why not ...

Momma you were my Momma as Eve was all of our Mother

Mother of all the living

In Adam and Eve all were and all are

Even as in the New Adam and New Eve are are and all will be

So Authenticity and Integrity in my very, very, very narrow Goal ... to respond to this Catastrophic Event of Momma's Death with some sense of Integrity ... isn't such a narrow Goal after all it seems ...

Her suffering partook of Yours O Lord

So does mine and all of the living and of the dead

O Lord

I miss Momma so much

Momma how I miss you

Thank You O Lord

Thank You Momma

Thank You even for the Grace O Lord of being allowed a bit of her suffering

And a bit of Yours

O Lord I love you

Thank You

Charles Delacroix
Saturday within the Octave of Easter
Eve of Divine Mercy Sunday

No comments: