Saturday, March 29, 2008

Mom's Tables and Chairs

OK ... may seem like a small thing ... but it's done. Tables are swapped out.

Some things change though. I had forgotten ... that we (I) had mounted pictures and other things on the wall above Momma's little table ... including two pictures of her grandchildren. How she adored them. Those pictures are staying exactly where she wanted them, by God. But that means that the tall backed kitchen table chair that was previously behind the dining room table can't go there now. OK. So it'll have to stay out in the garage for now. Problem solved.

Still things look ... I don't know ... different certainly ... but whether better or worse who can say ...

I think on the whole though it feels better looking over at Mom's dining room table & chairs from here on the couch where I'm typing though. Oh they're somewhat old and worn but also ... it looks something like how things were when Mom was here before she was in her wheelchair ... back when she could walk easily back and forth to the kitchen past the table and she could pull out a chair and sit at the table with ease.

Oh Momma ... oh God how I miss you Momma ...

I had to wonder about the table and chairs though ... they really weren't heirlooms or anything like that. She bought them when ... in Nashville? Knoxville?

Because of this ... the numbers on the back of the table are:

5290-95-33
558-559-R-73

I tried Googling these and came up with too many hits ... I expected none ... might try again with a better search engine. Anyway, my guess is that either the manufacture date is 1995 or 1973. If 1973, then that would be about the time she moved to Nashville.

Oh my. Does it matter? Yes. That's what seems so overwhelming since you left Momma. Everything matters. Everything matters. No matter how small ... it matters.

I love you Momma

I love you Jesus

Thank you Momma

Thank you Jesus for my Momma

Thank you so much

No comments: