Sunday, January 13, 2008

Atonement

I saw Atonement http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783233/ this afternoon ... for about the 4th or 5th time.

And then watched the Globes announcements tonite ... and see it won Best Drama.

And I am just delighted.

What a moving, moving film ... most of all, really, because this is in many, many ways a movie all about Momma's generation ... and Dad's generation ... Briony was 13 in 1935. In 1935, Momma was 14.

I cried and cried throughout the Dunkirk sequence ...

Then at the cemetery I kept looking at Mom's "neighbors" who were in graves that clearly had been placed within the past (say) year ... none of these are really grassed over yet. And so many, so so many of these were men and women from Mom's generation ... with birth years so close to Mom's.

Oh Momma ... I am so deeply, deeply, deeply grateful to you ... and to all of your generation ...

Oh Momma how I miss you ... I miss you so so so much ....

I love you Lord Jesus please ... please please please ... take good care of my Momma ...

I love you Momma

I love you Lord Jesus

Charles Delacroix
Feast of the Baptism of the Lord

No comments: