Saturday, January 12, 2008

History and story

I saw The Bucket List http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0825232/ today and was very glad I went. This is a movie full of dark humor and light humor and crude humor, and full of death and life and everything in between.

After I saw the movie, I went over to The Rose Gardens and spent some time cleaning away some of the debris still remaining from the big ice storm a month ago. The debris was in the part of the roses that Momma and the dog and I always went to ... I know Momma would have been glad to know I was volunteering a little clean up time for thsese lovely, lovely gardens.

After that, I went to Philbrook Museum of Art. First time I've been there, I think, since around Christmas. That's way too long ... I really need to plan to go about once a week, like before. To me that south wing is just full of story and history and life and death and everything in between.

It's the story and history in things like The Bucket List and Philbrook that really help me get just a little bit more connection, or reconnection, with a History that was severed so deeply by Mom's death.

Oh Momma thank you for the gift of life

Oh Momma thank you for the gift of life in history

Oh Momma thank you for the gift of life in story

Oh Momma thank you for the story that is Charles Lee

Oh Momma thank you for the story that is you

Oh Momma thank you for the gift of the story of humankind ... of history ... that you brought to mne in so many ways.

I love you Momma

I miss you Momma

I love you Jesus

Please please please please please Lord Jesus ... of your Courtesy and Charity ... take good, good of my Momma

I love you Momma

I love you Lord Jesus

Charles Delacroix
Eve of the Feast of the Baptism of Our Lord

No comments: