Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Walk in Woodward Park & the Rose Garden

This afternoon, I took the dog to Woodward Park ... we had very unseasonably mild weather ... I think the temp got up to 68 ... and it was so nice to just get out there and go for a walk.

Things still look rough down there, but better: there were really a fairly good number of people out, families going for walks, kids swinging on swings ... although parents were also clearly making sure the kids didn't get too far into the park, since there's still a lot of debris there. As there is everywhere around here, really. Midtown still looks like a tornado tore through. Still, I understand that Tulsa has awarded a major clean-up contract, using FEMA funding, and hopefully we'll get a major boost within the next week or two. Things are even now better down at the Rose Garden - there was a lot of damage there, and Spooky and I couldn't even get to the little alcove where Mom and the dog and I so often sat ... but today for the first time we could get there.

It was really very nice ... but of course ... that little alcove just doesn't really look right without you here, Momma. Just not right at all without you ...

I'm feeling better though. Yesterday was my third day back at work and I feel like I'm settling in just a bit more. They have been very understanding, I just need to be careful not to overcommit. So far so good anyway.

Momma ... oh Momma ... good is not good when you aren't here ... or that's the way it feels ...

Please please please Lord Jesus ... take care of my Momma ... of Your Love and Mercy ...

I love you Momma

I love you Lord Jesus

On this eve of Epiphany O Lord ... let Your Light be Kind to Momma and all of us

Lead Kindly Light ...

I love you

Charles Delacroix
Eve of Epiphany

No comments: