Saturday, January 5, 2008

"The Seven Year Itch"

"The Seven Year Itch" (1955) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048605/fullcredits#cast is on OETA's Movie Club tonite. Momma, if you were here, I know you'd be like me ... you'd love watching this. I would ask you about it, and say I hadn't seen it before, and you'd have something to say ... but I don't know what. You would say something about Marilyn Monroe, about her big-busted rep ... but I don't know if you've seen this movie or not. Probably so. But I don't know.

You know, though, I really like it. Made in 1955 ... just a year after I was born. Marilyn Monroe is ... well, Marilyn Monroe. But Tom Ewell as Richard Sherman is really a sheer delight as the anxious comic. the imagined scenes are wonderful.

It's the generation shown in the movie .. your generation, Momma - that really captures my interest ... this looks so like ... your generation, Momma, yours and Daddy's. The script is really wellcrafted. And ... and I get a glimpse of your life I think Momma a little bit.

Oh I love you Momma

No comments: