Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Mary Pickford and her mother

I just happened across a PBS production in its American Experience series ... on Mary Pickford. It was simply a wonderful program ... Momma would have loved it. And I was deeply moved by Mary Pickford's experience of the death of her beloved mother, Charlotte. A commentator said that Ms. Pickford simply didn't understand a world without her mother. Oh ... Momma, I so so so agree ...

Here's the PBS link: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/pickford/?campaign=pbshomefeatures_3_americanexperiencebrmarypickford_2008-01-28

IMDb's link is http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0681933/

The IMDb material includes this wonderful quote from Ms. Pickford: "[at her retirement] I'm not exactly satisfied, but I'm grateful." Yes ... yes, yes. Oh my. What an exactly perfect, and perfectly honest, way to say something I think I could say about ... well, about so many, many things ...

Oh Momma ... oh Momma ...

Oh my ...

Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on us all ...

Lord Jesus have mercy above all on my dear Momma ...

Please please please please take good care of my dear Momma ...

I love you Jesus

I love you Momma

Charles Delacroix
Feast of St Thomas Aquinas

No comments: