Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year, New Job

Well, I report to work at my 2 job in 2 hours. That's enough time for me to get a bite to eat and go by the cemetery for Office.

This will be my first job with a W-2 since I quit "official" employment last March to take care of Momma. St Joseph, patron of workers, lend my hands and my efforts your strength and your dedication as I undertake this new duty of labor and service which I dedicate to you and to your Most Holy Family.

How do I feel about going to work this morning ... ? I look at your chair, Momma, and wonder, of course, what is the point ...

Well ... the point is I have to eat, for one thing ...

At least I guess I do ... but what is the point of eating ... of living ... when your chair sits empty?

But I'm just saying these things ... it's how I feel but I know O Lord that You, and You alone, give reason and meaning and purpose to anything at all, and you invest even my dear Momma's empty chair with worth and meaning and value infinitely greater than anything imaginable by this mortal, at least.

O Lord ... help me please ... to see in what I do in this world ... something of a way to honor my dear Momma's life ... her gift to me ... to us ... Your gift to me and to us ...

And O Lord ...

Please please please please please

Take good care of Momma ...

I love you Momma

I love you Jesus

I love you Mary

I love you St Joseph

Charles Delacroix
Ss Basil & Gregory

No comments: