Saturday, January 26, 2008

Momma and Tables and Rhubarb ...

I've been thinking today about replacing that little table in the alcove with another table ... the little one is really a small, small, side table that we got back in (I think?) Spring because it was just the right size for Momma in her wheelchair. It was only 24 inches from the floor ... I know because I measured it before I got it at the used furniture store ... and at this point it would fit usefully in my new office at work. But ... but ... I know, Momma, you would say ... and might be saying even now ... go ahead, do it. But oh oh oh ... I can't ... I just can't ... not yet Momma ...

Oh and driving home I was listening to A Prairie Home Companion. There was a songa about rhubarb on ... and oh what memories ... I love rhubarb ... Momma how you loved to make rhubarb for me, as a child, as a teen, as a young man ... and last (I think?) perhaps only a few years ago. How you loved to love ... oh Momma everything you did was love ... everything ...

I visited Philbrook today ... and looking at the Corots I thought of you ... looking at the Madonnas I thought of you ... looking at the wheelchair access door of course I could not help but think of you ... oh Momma how I miss you ...

I love you Momma. I'm so glad that Spooky and I could visit you tonite. The temperatures may not be so warm but it wasn't too cold ... and she loved prancing and running and frisking around your grave dear Momma ...

Oh I love you

Oh I miss you

Oh Jesus oh Jesus please please please please please take good care of my good Momma ...

I love you Momma. MASH is coming on right now. I watched Cheers a bit earlier. And the Popcorn Man comes on the Movie Club in only 1/2 hour. Oh Momma ... oh Momma ... oh nothing is right ... without you here ... nothing ...

Oh Momma

Oh Lord Jesus

Oh ..........

God .........

Thy Will Not Mine Be Done ...

Oh God ...

Charles Delacroix
Feast of Ss Timothy & Titus

No comments: