Thursday, January 3, 2008

Is it possible to experience both futility and worry at the same time?

I guess so ... whew, that's how I'm feeling anyay, both at the same time.

I started my new job yesterday, and am already feeling sort of overwhelmed ... and a sense of being pulled to over-commit and over-work in order to feel secure in my new position. That way, I know from the past, leads to either madness or burnout or both. That honors neither myself, for whom after all Christ died; nor Momma, whose devastating loss I seek to respond to with some sense of integrity and love.

So I've really got to be careful about this whole thing. And apparently I can worry about these things ... and yet still feel this all-permeating sense of Futilitatis. Oh my Lord; oh my Momma. Help me.

Oh Lord by Your Holy Name be merciful to me

Lord Jesus by Your Sacred Name please please please be good oh Lord to my dear Momma

I love you Momma

I love you Lord Jesus

I love you Mary

I love you Joseph

I love you all angels and saints

I love you I just worry and don't know where I'm going or why

Help me O Lord Jesus

I love you

Charles Delacroix
Feast of the Holy Name of Jesus

No comments: