Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Murder She Wrote, Ellery Queen, and Perry Mason

I was watching PBS tonite ... about Broadway musicals ... and there was a contribution by the great Angela Lansbury ...

And that remined me of how much Momma and I loved Angela Lansbury's Murder She Wrote. And the TV Ellery Queen and of course Perry Mason were favorites too. Mom would compare what we saw on TV ... in Ellery Queen and Perry Mason ... to what she'd read in the books with these characters. Perry Mason, Mom would say, was depicted by Erle Stanley Gardner as being rather pot-bellied ... a Perry Mason who sat in a chair in a "shot-in-the-belly position."

Momma how you loved these shows ... and how I loved them too ...

Oh Momma ... I love you and miss you ...

Thank you Lord for Momma ... and for Angela Lansbury and Ellery Queen and Perry Mason, who gave so much pleasure to so many ... Momma and I among the many ...

Charles Delacroix
Feast of Mary Mother of God

No comments: