Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"I don't know why this is happening ..."

Beth, near the end of Cloverfield http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1060277/ ... what a beautiful, tragic movie. But I keep thinking about Beth's words.

Why. The ultimate question.

But no ... it's the penultimate question.

Job asked it. And then God answered.

Jesus asked it on the Cross. But after Good Friday and Holy Saturday came Easter.

Cloverfield is all about Holy Saturday.

Beth asked Why. But those weren't her last words. Her last words were "I love you."

Last, that is, in this world.

O Lord mornings are still the hardest.

I started to say mornings are the worst time. But maybe they're the best times.

They seem to be the times when I miss you most Momma.

So much so much so much so much.

I wanted to say to you this morning ... as a million times before ... "that puppy dog of ours things she's a Fierce Watchdog."

And you would laugh and I would laugh. And talk about Spooky. With love and humor and ...

Why are you not here now to talk about Spooky.

I don't know I don't know

But You know O Lord.

I love you Momma

I love you O Lord Jesus Christ Man of Sorrows

I love you Mary Mater Dolorosa

O Lord Jesus

Through the intercession and love of Your mother

please please please please please

Take good care of my good Momma

Oh Momma how I miss you

Oh God ...................

Charles Lee Delacroix
Feast of St Vincent
Martyr

No comments: